This post, Regional Focus: Asia, by , first appeared on at http://fm-cab.blogspot.com/.
Course: 2019 South Asia Short Course on Refugee Rights and Advocacy, Kathmandu, 13-17 June 2019 [info]
– Application deadline extended to 1 April 2019.
UNHCR Says Ethnic Chin Refugees May Require Continued International Protection as Security Situation Worsens in Myanmar (UNHCR, March 2019) [text]
– Note: UNHCR had announced in June 2018 that Chin refugees were no longer in need of refugee status. See also related video from R.AGE which “explains ‘cessation’, and how the recent cessation process for Chin refugees is not in accordance with UNHCR’s guidelines for cessation.”
“Dignity among the Displaced in Jalalabad, Afghanistan,” Case study in Dignity in Displacement (ODI, March 2019) [text]
– Scroll to p. 3.
Survey of Affected People and Humanitarian Staff in Afghanistan, Round 2 (Ground Truth Solutions, March 2019) [text via ReliefWeb]
– See also related OCHA statistics.
“Briefing: How the Rohingya Crisis in Bangladesh is Changing (The New Humanitarian, 13 Feb. 2019 [text]
“Displaced Rohingya Children at High Risk for Mental Health Problems: Findings from Refugee Camps within Bangladesh,” Child: Care, Health and Development, vol. 45, no. 1 (Jan. 2019) [free full-text]
Extreme Weather and Disaster Preparedness in the Rohingya Refugee Response: 2018 Cyclone Preparedness Lessons Learnt (UNDP et al., March 2019) [text via ReliefWeb]
“International Concern over the Relocation of Rohingya Refugees to a Remote Island,” ECRE Weekly Bulletin, 14 March 2019 [text]
Land Confiscation is Latest Barrier to Return for Myanmar’s Displaced (Refugees Deeply, March 2019) [text]
The Rakhine Crisis: Role of ASEAN, RSIS Commentary, no. 030 (Nanyang Technological Univ., Feb. 2019) [text]
Report of the Special Rapporteur on the Situation of Human Rights in Myanmar, UN Doc. No. A/HRC/40/68 (UN Human Rights Council, March 2019) [text via ReliefWeb]
Situation of Human Rights of Rohingya in Rakhine State, Myanmar, UN Doc. No. A/HRC/40/37 (UN Human Rights Council, March 2019) [text via ReliefWeb]
Systematic Feedback from Rohingya and Host Communities in Bangladesh Project (Ground Truth Solutions, 2019) [access]
– Follow link for bulletins and survey results under the second round of data collection.
United Nations Seeks US$920 Million for Rohingya Humanitarian Crisis in 2019 (IOM & UNHCR, Feb. 2019) [text]
– Regional Focus: Asia Pacific (9 Feb. 2019)